March 17th is St. Patrick’s Day. What’s there to do after putting on your green garb? Don’t get all dressed up without anything to do! Spend the day with the literacy leprechaun and enjoy these fun activities with your kids!
- Leprechaun Word Family Pots – Help your little one practice her word families with this fun, pot of gold activity from Playdough to Plato. A few pieces of construction paper are all you will need to construct the word family pots and pieces of gold to match with. Check it out!
- Rainbow Sensory Writing – If you have a kinesthetic learner, this hands-on activity will be a hit with your kiddo! Barley mixed with food coloring makes a great rainbow sensory center for your little leprechaun to explore with his paintbrush. Visit Fun-A-Day for complete instructions.
- Shamrock Name Fishing Game – Go fishing for shamrocks this St. Patrick’s Day with B Inspired Mama’s fun literacy activity. Your child will enjoy matching letters to her name and you will enjoy watching her master her ABC’s!
- Sight Word Gold Hunt – Learning sight words becomes an adventure when they are written on gold coins! Little ones can keep the treasure they find if they can read the sight word on the coin! If not, the coin goes back in the bucket for further practice. Check out this great game at Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas!
- St. Patrick’s Day Bookmarks – These cute bookmarks will inspire your kiddo to pick up a good book! Get crafty this St. Patrick’s Day with shades of green paint chips from your local paint store. Add some shamrock stickers and rainbow ribbon and presto! – You’ve created a bookmark any leprechaun would be proud to own! Find on Teaching My Friends.
- 27 St. Patrick’s Day Books – Looking for some good St. Patrick Day reads? Honey Mommy has compiled a list of 27 St. Patrick Day books your kid is sure to love. So cuddle up on the couch and spend the day curled up with your kiddo and some good books!
- St. Patrick’s Day Find and Rhyme Treasure Hunt – All you need is a black Sharpie and foam shamrocks to make this game for your gang! No Time for Flashcards has created a simple treasure hunt for little ones. After they find all the shamrocks, your children will sort them into rhyming pairs. You can’t beat that for quick and easy fun!
- 10 Picture Books About Rainbows – What really is at the end of a rainbow? Perhaps it’s a collection of books! Check out these 10 picture books all about rainbows today at The Jenny Evolution.
Red Apple Reading wishes you and your family a very happy St. Patrick’s Day! Let us know which of these literacy activities were your favorite – leave us a comment below!