This article was reprinted with permission from Comparitech.
Parental controls give adults a better grip on how younger ones are using the web, and helps to guide kids during their journey of growing up online. But getting the right software to do the right job isn’t always as cut and dry as it seems, which is why Comparitech has done the heavy lifting for you. We’ve exhaustively tested several of the top parental control software suites and apps on the market in 2019, and have written a detailed guide to help you find the one that suits your needs, budget, and parenting style the best.
If you don’t want to read the full article, here’s a summary of the top five best parental control software available:
- Qustodio Parental Control: Our top recommendation. Works with a wide range of devices. Easy setup, extensive filtering, and comprehensive monitoring.
- Kaspersky Safe Kids: User-friendly design, accurate content detection, and great customer service.
- Norton Family: Combines antivirus and parental control at a budget-friendly price, but expensive if you only opt for the former.
- Mobicip: Novice-friendly interface with streamlined setup and easy-to-manage controls. Lacks some features on mobile.
- uKnowKids: Emphasizes social media monitoring over app blocking and web filtering. iCloud login makes it a good option for iOS users.
Click here to read the rest of this informative article from Comparitech, including a detailed breakdown of the above-mentioned software, directions for installing FREE parent controls in Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android operating systems (photos included!), and features to look for in paid parent control apps. This is a super-helpful resource every parent needs to read!