Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! How will you make this day memorable for the little loves of your life? This year make the entire day special from start to finish with these fun-filled activities that even Cupid himself couldn’t resist!
- Decorate – When your children wake up on Valentine’s Day this year, surprise them with a festively decorated house! Hang these heart paper chains (TeachWithMe) all over your home after your kiddos go to bed on February 13th.
- Breakfast – A Bird and a Bean has a great take on the traditional “Egg in a Nest” breakfast treat. Instead of a round cookie cutter, use a heart shaped cutter when making your “toast nest”. Your kiddos will love this tasty heart start to the day!
- Learning Activity – Conversation hearts are a staple Valentine’s candy. This Valentine’s Day use these free printables from Totschooling to sharpen your youngster’s letter and color recognition (and if a few heart candies are consumed along the way… that’s okay too!).
- Lunch – Are your kiddos bored with peanut butter and jelly? This valentine’s twist on the classic kid-friendly sandwich will have your little ones running to the lunch table! Meaningful Mama shows you how to make these cute sandwiches.
- Building Fun – I don’t know about your kiddos, but my kids love to build! This simple construction project requires only two items: toothpicks and heart-shaped marshmallows. Visit the Buggy and Buddy website for more information about this valentine activity.
- Snack – When the kids come calling for a snack this Valentine’s Day, surprise them with these treats -complete with a message of love. Love notes written with edible marker on delicious fruit will make for a happy and healthy kid! Check out these fun fruit valentines from Cake Whiz.
- Supper – Is the way to your child’s heart through his tummy? If so, Makezine.com has a yummy heart-shaped pizza recipe that is sure to please. Don’t have time to make this from-scratch recipe? Feel free to use a pre-made crust and sauce!
- Good Night Story – There’s no better way to wrap up a fun day than with a good book. Why not treat your little Valentine with a book from this list of 100 Valentine’s Day picture books from Lasso the Moon? A book beats candy any day for a valentine treat!
Happy Valentine’s Day from Red Apple Reading!